Depending on the volume of applications, this position may close to external applicants before the job posting end date expires.
About the Company
Becoming the leading energy company in Louisiana - helping our people and state thrive - means being mindful of the larger opportunities and evolving needs of all those we serve. So today at Cleco, we’re working from a view that starts behind the lines. Where we can see the full picture of possibilities and technologies. To line up our customers and communities with systems and services that power the good life today. And better lives tomorrow. We’ve always believed that electricity is something more than just electrons. To us, it’s the fuel for more productive days and work. The current that brings all of us closer together. The conduit that connects Louisiana’s present to Louisiana’s future.
The Engineer – Electric System Maintenance is an experience professional position for a field engineer with experience in the operation and maintenance of transmission substations. The Engineer is responsible for assessing, planning, resourcing and directing the maintenance activities associated with all apparatus, protection systems, and metering equipment in transmission substations and generation stations. This position involves highly organized engineering work and solving challenging problems with immediate results. Builds knowledge of the asset maintenance processes to provide excellent customer service.
- Contributes value (insight based) deliverables, and executes transmission maintenance and restoration strategies.
- Completes specialized or moderately complex engineering activities, requiring some interpretation of practices, and an understanding of policies and programs.
- Works through diversified procedures and specialized standards and precedents covering many situations.
- Facilitate the restoration of transmission facilities after they’ve been damaged by severe weather and other causes.
- Inspect, prioritize, plan, direct, and document maintenance activities such that unexpected outages on the electrical system are avoided.
- Verify that all work is done safely and document the contractor’s activities to substantiate their invoices.
- Provide data reports to verify compliance with NERC and regional standards.
- Assist entry-level staff within assigned project teams, leveraging technical experience to help to onboard them and in support of meeting project milestones.
- Provide communication to their manager to provide status updates on project activities, and identify risks in delivery or resourcing needs.
- Support senior project staff to provide their manager with technical project updates to Director level management on a regular basis to proactively support business objectives.
- Scope of work is clearly articulated and project based, may support multiple projects to enhance their discipline’s agile approach.
- Responsible for operating as the experienced technical staff for project teams within Engineering to execute through defined project objectives, milestones and priorities in the short-term according to established project plans and manager guidance.
- Gain an understanding for sub function profit and loss targets and operating budget.
- Uses prescribes guidelines or policies to analyze and resolves problems, solves problems in straightforward situations, analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, judgments and precedents.
- Action Oriented
- Communicates effectively
- Nimble learning
- Plans and aligns
- Analytical skills
- Equipment Utilization
- Transmission Operations
- Transmission Operations Quality
- Transmission Operations Resource Management
- Transmission Operations Risk Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET approved curriculum
- 3+ years of related experience
- FE Certification is preferred