Depending on the volume of applications, this position may close to external applicants before the job posting end date expires.
Becoming the leading energy company in Louisiana - helping our people and state thrive - means being mindful of the larger opportunities and evolving needs of all those we serve. So today at Cleco, we’re working from a view that starts behind the lines. Where we can see the full picture of possibilities and technologies. To line up our customers and communities with systems and services that power the good life today. And better lives tomorrow. We’ve always believed that electricity is something more than just electrons. To us, it’s the fuel for more productive days and work. The current that brings all of us closer together. The conduit that connects Louisiana’s present to Louisiana’s future.
Under general direction the Cloud Operations Analyst participates in the design, planning, analysis, installation, integration, administration and operation and support of all corporate cloud infrastructure services to ensure they align with current technology and meet the requirements of the corporate business needs. Current and future needs should be understood to ensure a scalable, reliable, and secure environment is maintained. Assists in supporting existing application infrastructure environments. Responsible for playing a leading role in the assessment and transition of on premise application infrastructure to cloud based solutions. Emphasis is placed on planning, change management, compliance, security, and best practices. Coordinates system requirements with third party infrastructure providers.
- Contributes to the execution of defined activities to support the delivery of cloud initiatives required to achieve efficiency, effectiveness, and innovation objectives.
- Understands cultural change needed in developing a cloud strategy and with this knowledge, leads the company into cloud adoption.
- Helps create a cloud strategy that helps handle the complexities of cloud adoption and avoids risks and ensures a smooth transition.
- Participates in the design, planning, installation, integration, administration, operation and support of distributed applications. Ensures systems are secure, scalable, operational and reliable.
- Participates in the planning and migration of modern on premise infrastructure solutions to web-based infrastructure solutions.
- Provides level 2 and level 3 support and problem resolution relative to on premise and cloud based infrastructure/middleware activities. Coordinates all activities with internal and external business partner, and third party infrastructure providers.
- Supports audit, backup, and business continuity efforts in all supported environments. Utilizes appropriate tools and processes to protect the business application data.
- Implements automation to increase efficiency and lower human intervention and admin level of effort.
- Provides on-site assistance to third party infrastructure providers as needed.
- Identifies and manages projects and relationships which cross multiple business functional areas.
- Assist staff within assigned projects and project teams, leveraging technical experience to help meet project milestones.
- Works independently and receives limited guidance.
- Solves problems that has an impact on a specific function or technical area.
- Considers future implications beyond the immediate problem, and is not closely supervised
- Works with a moderate level of guidance.
- Understands the finance and legal aspects of each initiative and helps make the best operating decisions that meet the needs of the company based on these understandings.
- Understands and orchestrates solutions that reduce complexity, risk and cost.
- Action Oriented
- Business Insight
- Communicates effectively
- Cultivates Innovation
- Decision Quality
- Drives results
- Analytical Skills
- Computer Skills
- Business Partnering
- Business Requirements Analysis
- IT Implementation and integration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related study.
- 5+ years of related experience designing, executing and supporting Cloud solutions
- Expertise in various Cloud technologies and experience developing hybrid cloud solutions
- Cloud Solutions Platform and Infrastructure/Architect certification(s) preferred